Sunday, October 08, 2006

The search ends

I've accepted an offer from Time Warner to do sales. Good thing I went to that job fair two weeks ago, since everything else I thought would result in an offer in the end didn't. I'd be near suicidal right now because I've had multiple interviews with companies who were hiring multiple people, only in the end to be completely shocked I didn't get an offer.
My new boss was at the job fair booth and I'd made it a point to talk to every company, even though many I figured would have nothing for me. We hit it off immediately. He was impressed with me and my resume, and practically offered me a job at that point. When I didn't hear from him for several days and was expecting an offer from Wal-Mart, I pressed the issue because I wanted to have all my options in front of me. Good thing.
After 3 very good interviews with Wal-Mart to work in the distribution facility, I got a no-thank-you card in the mail yesterday, after I'd already accepted the offer from Time Warner. A couple of weeks ago I interviewed initially with T-Mobile, then spent 3 hours taking tests, which I was told during the next interview that I'd aced, only to get another dis a couple days later.
Word to the wise: If you're smart and educated and experienced, "good luck," because no one will want you.

This opportunity with Time Warner fortunately seems to be more than having to take a job. So things worked out well in the end. It pays well, fits my background and work preferences, and has growth opportunities.

I'll update again after I get started. I'll also put a post up probably tomorrow about other life stuff.

1 comment:

Zebster said...

I believe, though not positive, I'll be working out of the Augusta office (you know they bought out Adelphia, right?)
I should have said in the blog though that my territory is going to be right here, the area I live in!
Yeah, free digital cable (250 channels) plus HBO, etc, and free Roadrunner, and employee rates on phone service