Sunday, October 22, 2006

Splitting wood

Munchkin and I spent the day at Gram's splitting up the wood for winter...over did it a bit but it's all done. I knew I'd have today, watching the race and football, to recoup a little...though Monday's training in the office. So no bigs there.

The first week at the new job went well...mostly job shadowing a couple of salesmen. This coming week will be job shadowing in the office, a day with service techs and the end of the week will be learning the billing program.

I should've played the lottery today. Why, you ask? Well, when's the last time all 3 of my favorite drivers finished in the top 10 in a Nascar race? I'm thinking it's never happened. The 43 used pit strategy plus getting the car better all race long to finish 3rd. Way to go, Bobby. Kinda the same with Kasey, though he ran better than the 43 most of the day, who finished 6th. The most consistent of the 3 was Kyle Petty, though he finished 10th; but he ran in the top 15 the whole race. That's a sight for sore eyes, for sure.
I'm somehow leading my fantasy league by about 60 points before the race started, but all I had left to pick from was pretty much mid to back packers. I had planned on using Bobby Labonte at Martinsville, but he didn't run that great in the spring there and has been good on the Charlotte/Atlanta type tracks. So in the end I decided to save him for Atlanta or TX, same with Ken Schrader (who ran in the top 10 all day today until a wreck finished him off...phew) So I settled on Jeff Green for M'ville, and he qualified 8th and ran between 8 and 12th all day, finishing 8th. Maybe I'll finally win that league.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I've been busy, but I was thinking about you when I saw Bobby Labonte up front at the end of the race. It was nice to see Denny Hamlin and Tony Stewart behind him...the past and present of Joe Gibbs Racing together in the Top 5.

Zebster said...

I've been busy too, Robbie...no sweat.
Sis, I know I'll like it enough...how much, we'll see. The hours will be flexible based on whether I'm making the numbers, as they say.

TrotRocks said...

whoa! 43 finished 3rd? The sky didn't fall? hehehehe