Thursday, October 12, 2006

Candlepin

On the bowling front: Getting better every week, especially now that I've straightened out my mechanics...still need to get them more consistent but discovered last night that part of the inconsistency is the house shows (sure, Zeb, blame the shoes). Now that I have the mechanics consistent I'm able to tell that my front foot slides inconsistently. I had a string last night with 3 6's and a 5 but still managed an 89 (those numbers make no sense to the fake bowlers of the Ten Pin world). So a new pair of shoes are now a high priority. It's frustrating when you know you're throwing well (first string 104 last night) but something you can't control messes it up. My team finally had 5 bowlers last night, so for the first time this year we took some points...not sure how many yet because our 5th is new and his handicap was yet to be calculated and added in.

I'm heading off to Limestone tomorrow to spend part of the day with my eldest daughter at the Maine School of Science & Math (4 hours away). She'll be participating in various concerts and a variety show. I'll report back this weekend on all of that. I haven't seen her since the beginning of the school year. So I can't wait.

I have orientation at Time Warner on Monday and then start training Tuesday. I'm excited about the opportunity and eager to get started.

Oh, anyone else getting into the new show "Heroes?"

I was going to do a Todd update but I can't get the picture uploader to work. So I'll do that another time.

No comments: