Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Work Search and Such

Just a quick update on things. Late last week I applied, got tested ("inspected, detected, neglected...") and consequently interviewed at T-Mobile. I expect to be offered a job this week. The pay's not great, but enough on the short term to consider taking it as I fully expect I'd be promoted rather quickly. I have a 2nd interview with Wal-Mart to work at the distribution center tomorrow. The pay's better than T-Mobile but not sure the job would be as much in the right direction as T-Mobile would be. Both jobs I'd start out working night shifts and parts of weekends. Put in a resume to a company a mile from my house for a marketing assistant position. Now that job I'd take almost no matter the pay because it would definitely be in the right direction. Spent a few hours this morning at a job fair that was reasonably fruitfull. I'll need to hear from some of them real soon because I won't be able to make these other companies wait too long.

On the personal side I help my son-law-law work on his house Friday, tearing off old siding as well as taking down a small entry-way. It's nice to have the time to help out. Then Saturday I cut up a bunch of wood at Mom's. Need to get up there again soon to finish the cutting and then rent a splitter.

Boy, did the Patriots look overmatched Sunday night. Think they could use a wide receiver that would cause the other team's defense to play honest? (duh, that was rhetorical)

Hope to have a new post on Inside Zebster in the next day or 2. I've had time to write and some time to catch up on news but don't yet have the beginnings of one in my head.

4 comments:

El Mas Chingón said...

Hey Zeb, Jerry Porter's available for the right price. :-)

Glad to hear you have some things going on the job front. I like T-Mobile, but I turned them down two years ago because they don't pay enough. Good luck on things and thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday.

Zebster said...

Not sure there's a right price for that guy, Robbie. Thanks, really...not.

David said...

Pats need a receiver? Betcha Tuna would give up T.O. real cheap. He even comes complete with his own pain killers.

Anonymous said...

How about Randy Moss? LOL