Monday, October 09, 2006

Apple Festival and such

Spent a very nice couple of days with my youngest daughter Friday and Saturday. We spent some time Friday morning setting up her blog. Then we headed out to run some errands. I took care of my Time Warner pee test, and then we headed off for lunch at Red Robin, which opened here a few months ago. I lived w/in a mile of one in California years ago and went quite often; but this is the first one I've seen since then, almost 20 years later. She had a bacon cheeseburger and I tried something called burger parmaseana...a nice big burger covered with a deep fried mozzarella patty, sautered onions and peppers and red sauce. Quite, quite messy and quite good.
Her 16th birthday is coming up in November and I didn't want to delay any longer getting her sweet 16 charm bracelet ready. So off we went to Kay Jewelers, where I know the manager and where they had done my other daughter's last year. We figured out what heirloom pieces could be turned into charms and picked out a new one from the catalog to order...should be ready in a week or so.
My wife volunteered to organize and run a booth at the Winthrop Apple Festival to raise money for Squirt's HS theater group to go to NYC again. Unfortunately this was Homecoming Weekend, so not as many helpers as there would be otherwise. So Munchkin and I went and spent the afternoon helping out there. They raised lots of money for the trip and I got to listen to some very good local bluegrass bands all afternoon.

I know I haven't blogged about Nascar in a while. Think I might do a separate one later. Congrats to Brian Vickers on his first win, but that is also the prime example where Nascar throws the caution flag too early and where they should still allow racing back to the line. No, not because Kasey would have won either.

Goodbye Yankees, goodbye!!!! I put up a little blog about them losing on BoSox Tavern.

Another good thing about the Time Warner job is that I won't be working a job on second shift and should be able to continue to bowl Wednesday nights. I've bowled 3 weeks and am getting the rust off and mechanics straightened out. I hope to update each week and maybe can get Lil Cuz to chime in.
Not being out at night all the time also means I can better keep up with my politics and blog, as well as be able to watch the Bruins and Celtics and Patriots (it was possible I would've had to work Sundays at W-M), and blog about them here on occasion as well. Though not overpowering, still a nice win for the Pats yesterday, which I think pretty much locks up the division already. LOL The Bruins looked awful in their opener but came back to win the second game of the season. I don't expect much but at least they won't lose every game.

Todd is doing well. I hope to have the Mrs. update her blog soon. Guess that covers things for now.

No comments: