Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Geary's Pale Ale

The first reaction I had and have when drinking this ale is "My, that's nice and aley!" It has a full mouth of flavor with really no aftertaste. I find this pale ale to be better than any other pale ale that I've tried thus far. As I say, it's robust but not overbearing in my opinion, especially if you prefer ales as I do. It's a pleasure to find a strong ale that you want to drink time and again.
I'm sure I could do a better job of searching but I was unable to find a website for D.L. Geary Brewing but I did find this website MaineBeers.com. Also, as I usually do with beer reviews, this is what information there is on the label: "Geary's Pale Ale is hand crafted in Maine with traditional British brewing methods, using only custom-malted British barley, American hops and pure Maine water." So what's not to like? It's brewed in Portland, Maine with Maine water; it's a very, very good ale and has a lobster on the label. Enjoy!

Job search update: Just this afternoon I got the call from hell, as it were. IBC/Nissen wants me back and I've agreed to go back. At this point it'll be as a spare/jumper, which I would prefer over some of the far-flung routes like the one I had before, working upwards of 70 hours a week with no two days in a row off. So the blogging will take a serious hit as a result; but the job pays very well, especially for this part of the country. At this point it looks like I'll start Thursday morning. I'll update when I know more.

4 comments:

El Mas Chingón said...

Good luck with the old job. I'm still "on the hedge" with mine. I'll have to reassess everything in a few months to see if I stay or find something else to do.

TrotRocks said...

Yummy Geary's! The Bread man cometh:-)

LittleCuz said...

Congrats on the job Zeb, I know it's not ideal but hey money talks....

As for the Geary's I like it, not as much as Sammy's, but it'll do in a pinch, as I said in my review, I'm not a big pale ale dude.

Zebster said...

I'll see what I can do, Sis. I actually started today. Got the call last night at 7:30 that I could start today, and I knew it would be an "easy" day, so I jumped at it. Tomorrow it's back to the 3:30 in the morning grind and I'm going to help out on my hold route. So I'll be lucky to get home by 7.
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'm hoping to find some blogging time. Since Aug 18 is my birthday, I expect a present of page hits on that day.