Wednesday, August 23, 2006

An Act Of Love


SHADOW aka The Goob, May 1989 to August 23, 2006.

The last few days he was really, really slowing down and was having more moments where he seemed to not be all there. So while it was difficult and heartbreaking today, those things, as well as knowing about the tumors, made it easier to have the right mind set and do the right thing...an act of love. He will be missed more than anyone can know.

I will always have the memories, including those I wrote about last week but also, looking at that picture of him sleeping on my stepdaughter's feet with his legs hanging down...he had one extra toe on one foot and two extra on the other.

3 comments:

El Mas Chingón said...

RIP Shadow

If he was slowing down, he was getting ready to go. When Tiger slowed down, it was only a matter of days. You did the right thing, Zeb. I miss Tiger but the memories keep her alive, especially when I see many of the things she did in Torrie.

Shel said...

Mommy will miss him very much. I always knew what the weather was based on where Shadow was sleeping. If it was hot he was at the bottom of the bed opposite my feet and as the weather grew colder he would move closer to me and up higher on the bed, by December he was next to my shoulders, pushed up against me and there he would stay until spring. I will miss my bed warmer more than he will ever know. You're always going to be Mommy's good boy.

TrotRocks said...

Hey Zeb so sorry about The Goob:) He was the greatest cat ever. He had a great fun time with Dad:) Take Care.