Monday, August 14, 2006

Breadman update

Well, that first full day out I got home at 8 pm. So a 16 1/2 hour day. Friday was more like 14 and Saturday, since I had to run a different errand, got me home around 2. So a lucky 10 hour day!!!

This week won't be so bad because I'm running a much more local route and I'm helping a guy who's just coming back but on light duty. So I'm doing most of the lifting but we're still faster than me alone. I got to work this morning at 2 and got home at 2:45. Woo hoo, only 12 hours!!! He has a follow-up doc appt tomorrow. So I'll be doing about a 1/3 of it myself.

Got to watch the Nascar race at Watkins Glen...one of the better races there in a while, I thought. Kevin Harvick's showing his strength on all kinds of tracks. Unfortunately for me Kasey and Kyle lost top 15 runs in the last handful of laps due to other people's issues and they lost lots of positions. But I had Robbie Gordon in the fantasy league. So I'm still in first!

I'm taking Shadow to the vet on Wednesday, and I'll post an update about that after the visit.

5 comments:

El Mas Chingón said...

Glad to see you're home and the job's working out. In case you missed the Busch race at the Glen, check out my post from Saturday. I took screen caps of the final lap duel between Kurt Busch and Robby Gordon.

Zebster said...

Shadow's looking really old and thin. We'll see what they have to say.
I did catch parts of that race, Robbie, including the end. That's the kind of road racing I'd like to see more of. My brother and I saw a Cup race there about 6 years ago.

El Mas Chingón said...

That's what I like about Robby Gordon. He always makes things interesting on road courses. Too bad Stewart finished 2nd.

Ingrid said...

Phew, that's gotta be tough (re. work, don't know diddly squate about raceing and whatever sport you'll be talking about!lol)
good to see you back though!
Ingrid

David said...

Ya know Zeb...the lessons at church for August are all based on the Bread of Life. While your pitching the bread, I'm preaching the bread....loaves a fishes!

Tuna sandwiches all around...and hold the communion wine!

Good to see you Zeb...Go Tigers!