Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Who will win the British Open?

I'm not sure that I'll be doing a live play-by-play of the British Open here but I do plan on doing some updates about it daily. So check in and I'll let you know what you need to know.
Let's see how many folks I can get to put up a prediction of the winner before things get started tomorrow morning.
Myself, I have to go with Phil Mickelson. I know, nobody's better at snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory, but I'm a Phil fan and that's where my loyalties lie. So despite the fact that I think he's only done well once in The Open, I'm looking for a determined, focused and less foolish Phil to take it.
This year's British Open is being played at Royal Liverpool, Hoylake.
So who you got...the defending champion and best player in the world, Tiger Woods; maybe Vijay Singh; perhaps a relative unknown? So get your prognostication on the record as to who will win the Claret Jug before tomorrow morning. Maybe we can come up with some clever way to reward anyone who picks the winner.

8 comments:

LittleCuz said...

Brad Faxon, he's got good New England stock in him. The fact he's the 6 alternate means nothing to him.....

Anonymous said...

1: Tiger
2: Davis
3: Monty

Russ

Zebster said...

LOL Cuz. I see Mr. Anonymous is coverning his bet! Welcome Russ.

El Mas Chingón said...

I have no idea because I won't be watching on Saturday. DW is racing the Busch Series event at Martinsville that afternoon in Michael's Aaron's Dream Machine.

Boogity, boogity, boogity!

LittleCuz said...

Russ is a co-worker of mine, since you sent the email crying about no one commenting on your post I got him to post his picks. He's definately more in the know than I am. Oh by the way you owe five bucks.....

Zebster said...

Five bucks for whining...kinda like a kangaroo court fine?

TrotRocks said...

I haven't thought about it, but I want the Lefty to win as always.

Zebster said...

No answer to the trivia question from my very knowleable music family and friends? (in the most recent post. AA?)