Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Free Agency

Yours truly is a free agent once again. By Friday of last week I was on pace for a 90 hour week in a very physical job with no relief in the near future. Couple that with my disappointment that nothing had changed within the company as far as the support system for the salesman who are the key to the company's success, I quit...first time I've quit really anything in my life. I have more time to blog but won't be doing much until things are settled. I have to find a good job real quick or two mediocre ones almost as fast. Wish me luck.
At least I have the flexibility for a while to do some things that are important to me. I'll be helping my son-in-law work on his house later this week, and I'll be at my mother's Saturday cutting and splitting firewood for the winter. And even though it's 2 weeks into the season, I'll be able to bowl as well. I hope to put up weekly updates about how I'm faring in that regard, as well as maybe an explanation for those of you who are not familiar or maybe haven't even heard of candlepin bowling.

1 comment:

El Mas Chingón said...

Sorry to hear about the job, Zeb. I'm on vacation this week so I've been doing a lot of writing. Just to warn you, my blog name changed but it's still the same. I renamed it after a nickname I picked up at an hold job that means "the baddest" in English.

I'm glad you're back but I hope you find a good job or two soon.