Sunday, March 08, 2015

Bermuda 2015

Some of you may know this already but my darling Shelly was born in Bermuda, the eldest child of a young Air Force enlisted man and his wife.  She lived there in two different residences for three years but has not been back since -- until this past week.
You may also know that I work outside quite a bit and commute on crappy winter roads great distances.  I barely got through last winter without losing my mind and so we promised ourselves that not only was I going to get a break from winter, we were going to do it in Bermuda.
We had an absolutely fabulous time.  I fell in love with the place.  She was already in love with it...she just didn't know it until she got there.  You could see how strong the connection was for her.  We were able to find one of the houses she lived in.  We will be returning. 
I'm not a beach and sand, lay in the sun kinda of person but there's plenty, plenty to do there for history, culture, architecture and foodie buffs like me, plus there's a couple lighthouses, which you know we love, and the caverns.
If you haven't already, please click through the pictures and fall in love with it too.  Don't skip the video of the town crier and then one of me helping to dunk the nag.  What great fun.
Our Bermuda photos

The above link is to the Facebook photo album, which is supposed to be able to be seen by anyone, even if you don't have a Facebook account. RJ, let me know if you can't view this album and I'll post them all on here as well

Apparently the vids are not within that album. So I've uploaded them to YouTube


Having issues getting the other one posted here because I didn't take it.  I'll post this now and then post an update with the other video.

2 comments:

R.J. said...

I was able to view the pictures. Very nice! I need to take a vacation somewhere, but I'll likely have to wait until I'm settled into my new job.

Mary said...

Wow! What a beautiful trip in so many ways! All the photos are magnificent. It really looks like paradise. Even the water looks especially pretty. I went to Bermuda once, fairly soon after high school, and loved it. But i didn't appreciate all that history nearly enough. If i went back now, that would be one of my favorite things about the place! That, and of course all the fabulous food! Glad you had a great trip. Oh and the video is priceless! :)